Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 10 of Challenge: Blushing Bunny Bride

Here's another one for the challenge! Please feel free to leave comments...it really helps me out :) One question I do have if anyone is interested in helping me, is that I seem to draw in mostly 2 different ways...unrealistic characters with black outlines and without black outlines (with an occasional "real" looking something in there). Does anybody prefer one over the other? For tomorrow's post...or day 11 whenever that may be :)...maybe I can post one with outlines and one without and get some opinions. Thanks for your help!

7 comments:

Speck said...

I like the ones with black outlines. The contrasting black pops the character off the page. The ones without the black outlines look, um, muddy to me. I'm a big fan of clean, crisp drawings.

Emily said...

I like with line as well… have you tried playing with the thickness of the lines mixing up thin and thick lines? I’m kind of learning to do that right now, and I love it! Super cute bunny bride btw!

Chickengirl said...

Hi Tracy, I feel like both ways have two different flavors. I think with the black lines your illustration looks like you are more sure of yourself and looks more complete/finished. BUT I do like with art that doesn't have lines (I guess I am a little biased here), so I would like to see both and see how it compares!

Chickengirl said...

Oh I love this bunny btw. I love her eyelashes and her bridal look. Plus the nice fading background too!

ValGalArt said...

this is darling Tracy! I like without but I had a literary agent ask me for more line work so I do think it's good to do both if you can :)

mike r baker said...

You've really come a long way with your drawing and coloring. This bunny is my favorite! I love it!

I like both ways and I think it depends on the style and how it's colored. Keep working with both ways is what I think.

Bobo's Slave said...

I really don't think you should too concern about the lines. I think a creative work would remains so whether with or without lines.