Sunday, May 13, 2007

IF Citrus

At our elementary school Friday, our students had a reward for completing a "good faith checklist" of different skills associated with taking our state mandated testing. Kindergarten classes took something called the GRADE assessment. All my students got to participate in the reward which included duct taping our principal to the wall, huge jumping inflatable slide, icee popsicles, free play, movie in the old media center, and popcorn. While we ate our picnic lunch outside, one of my former (and favorite) students put her orange wedge in her mouth and smiled at me! I thought that was so cute for this week's theme. Of course, she looks much cuter than the girl I've drawn! :)

14 comments:

tracey morgan said...

hi this is tracey with an e great illustration

Madge said...

This is fun!

mike r baker said...

Orange mouth! I still do that. :) Great illo!

md said...

i think just about every kid who has ate an orange has probably done this at least once in their lifes i know i did and i still do once in awhile to tease my wife. like ur choice of colors

giggles said...

Adorable...yes I remember doing that! Thanks for stopping by my blog....I love it when people have the same sense of humor! I bet you draw many ideas from the kids! Very fun illo!

platitudinal said...

Isn’t that funny how kids love to put orange rind in their mouth and smile their big orange smiles? This is cute picture, the colors are happy and playful.

Kim Buchheit said...

ah, what a GREAT idea for this week's theme.... i love that! and a cute story, to boot :)

Monica said...

Very cute drawing, with great colors. The girl looks absolutely adorable. :-)

Thanks for you sweet comments on my Polar entry, much appreciated.

kdhamel said...

Too cute - sounds like it was a fun day!

Digital Scott's illustrationblog said...

Very fun work! Thanks for sharing it!

Jim Pearson said...

The great orange mouth! Nicely done, and your drawing is plenty cute.

Kstyles said...

Oh this is great. I love your style.

kdhamel said...

Hi Tracy - I was "tagged" so now it is your turn (if you haven't already been tagged!) It is an IF thing where you list 7 things about yourself and then tag 7 other people. Hope you don't mind:)

potatomamma said...

Hey Tracy, what a cute inspiration for an illustration! You sound like you have a wonderful life =) Thanks for sharing this cute illustration, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Greetings
Astrid
PotatoMammaDesign.com